In accordance with Governor Tate Reeve’s declaration, Baldwyn Schools will remain closed through April 17 due to the health threat of COVID-19. Our administration and school board are working diligently to still provide services to our students. Thank you for your patience as we make decisions during so many unknowns at this time. Below is a list of services that will be provided by our school district through April 17.
1. Child food services will be provided on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-11 am beginning Monday, March 23 at the BHS gym. Monday’s bags will include breakfast and lunch for 2 days. Wednesday’s bags will include breakfast and lunch for 3 days. These meals are FREE to any child 18 and under. Please see instructions below for pick up.
2. Distance learning packets will be offered to students online and via paper packets. Your child’s teacher will contact you about details through School Status. Paper packets will be available during food service pick up times beginning Monday, March 30. Online packets will be live on March 30 also.
3. Special Education students with IEPs will be contacted individually by Special Services Director Krystjan Jackson. You may also contact her at 662-365-1005 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please help us continue to make sure everyone’s health is our number one concern by following CDC recommended social distancing and sanitation.
Instructions for food service pick up:
(Please note NEW instructions from original post before 3/20/20.)
1. Enter the BHS north parking lot from Highway 145/Fourth Street (near Bumpers).
2. Stay in your vehicle at all times.
3.Car line will form for pick up at BHS gym main entrance.
4.Child(ren) must be present for a staff person to approach vehicle and take a count, and then they bring food to vehicle.
5. Cones will direct exiting instructions.
NOTE: We appreciate all the help and support during this time, but we will not need any volunteers for these services. We want to keep the health and safety of our employees and students a priority by operating with minimum staff.